Bills of Material and Material Callouts
It can be incredibly helpful on a drawing to call out with a pointer where material should be used on the drawing.
- Best practice is to callout items numbers on the physical layout, usually with a circled BOM item#.
- This makes it much easier to identify which parts should be used together and where they should be used.
- It’s also sometimes helpful to simply write part numbers directly next to items on a drawing.
Bills of Material
- Best practice is to give a table with item numbers, those item numbers can be used for material callouts in the drawing.
- Manufacturer part numbers for all components is ideal for all parts, except maybe where we stock generics like UL wire and heatshrink
- We can certainly help with simplifying a BOM, but knowing exactly what materials we’re expected to use can be very helpful!